High School Vocabulary Words of the Week #2
Each week, we bring you ten new words to study to increase your vocabulary. In order to truly “learn” these words, make sure to do the following exercises each week:
- Create a flashcard with the word and the definition for each word.
- Write three sentences that showcase the meaning of each word.
- Write at least two synonyms for each word.
- Write at least two antonyms for each word.
- Try to use the words in your daily conversations as much as possible.
- Study your flashcards for a few minutes each day.
- Set up an online quiz with your words and take it at the end of the week.
Here are this week’s words…
(n.) a dispute, fight
(v.) to feel or show affection toward something
(n.) a gathering of people, especially for religious services
(v.) to make more violent, intense
(v.) to show, reveal
(adj.) secretive, sly
(adj.) having or exercising sound judgment
(adj.) deeply affecting, moving
(n.) a greeting
(adj.) unaffected by passion or feeling