High School Vocabulary Words of the Week #4
Each week, we bring you ten new words to study to increase your vocabulary. In order to truly “learn” these words, make sure to do the following exercises each week:
- Create a flashcard with the word and the definition for each word.
- Write three sentences that showcase the meaning of each word.
- Write at least two synonyms for each word.
- Write at least two antonyms for each word.
- Try to use the words in your daily conversations as much as possible.
- Study your flashcards for a few minutes each day.
- Set up an online quiz with your words and take it at the end of the week.
Here are this week’s words…
(v.) to give up a position, usually one of leadership
(n.) a dispute, fight
(n.) the process or act of resolving a dispute
(v.) to thicken into a solid
(v.) to plot, scheme
(adj.) drawn to the company of others, sociable
(adj.) not generous, not inclined to spend or give
(adj.) hasty, incautious
(n.) a break, rest
(n.) the highest point, culminating point