High School Vocabulary Words of the Week #21
Each week, we bring you ten new words to study to increase your vocabulary. In order to truly “learn” these words, make sure to do the following exercises each week:
- Create a flashcard with the word and the definition for each word.
- Write three sentences that showcase the meaning of each word.
- Write at least two synonyms for each word.
- Write at least two antonyms for each word.
- Try to use the words in your daily conversations as much as possible.
- Study your flashcards for a few minutes each day.
- Set up an online quiz with your words and take it at the end of the week.
Here are this week’s words…
(adj.) biting, bitter in tone or taste
(n.) a gift or blessing
(n.) an assembly of people
(n.) a rule, custom
(v.) to remove offensive or incorrect parts, usually of a book
(adj.) lonely, abandoned, hopeless
(v.) to insert between other things
(adj.) having the tendency to spread throughout
(n.) lacking basic necessities
(adj.) significant, conspicuous